Rider Development Training Program
Monday & Tuesday Evenings
May 7th through September 4th 2012
At the Northbrook Park District’s Ed Rudolph Velodrome
Maple Road, 1 block west of Waukegan Road, Northbrook, IL
Northbrook’s Rider Development Program is designed to introduce new riders to track racing and to provide an effective and focused training session for experienced track racers.
Monday night will be our traditional program, introducing track racing in an informative and supportive environment while advanced racers will receive a quality training session focusing on the specific needs of track racing.
Tuesday night will feature advanced and focused training sessions for Pro/1/2 riders and a mentor program for USAC riders in Categories 3 and 4.
• 6:30 arrive and warm up, on your own
• 7:00 announcements, then warm up in pace line
• 7:15 training (including focused exercises)
• 9:00 cool down, in pace line
• $10 per evening (includes USA Cycling insurance surcharge.)
• helmet must be worn
• track bike (fixed gear, no mechanical brake)
Note: Track bikes are available for short-term loan from Ten 27 Cycles in Evanston (847.864.7660), Alberto’s Rides and Rags in Highland Park (847.446.2042), and the Northbrook Bicycle Club at the Velodrome.
• sign standard USAC release (parent/guardian must sign if under 18)
• USAC license (USAC event permit requires participants to be licensed. One-day licenses available for $5, annual licenses for $60.)
For further information:
• Kevin Perez firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ten 27 Cycles (will have weather cancellations) 847.864.7660
• Alberto’s Rides and Rags (will have weather cancellations) 847.446.2042